Dr. Fixit Pidiproof LW+ is specially formulated integral liquid waterproofing compound composed of surface active plasticising agents, polymers & additives. It is used as an additive for cement concrete, mortar & plasters. It makes concrete cohesive and prevents segregation.
Areas of Application
Waterproofing of concrete and sand-cement mortars used in
- Roof slabs and screeds,
- Water tanks & water retaining structures,
- External plastering,
- Bathrooms and balconies,
- Sumps and drains
- Corrosion resistant - Makes concrete more cohesive, hence protects steel better against corrosion
- Compatibility Being a liquid, easily dispersible & compatible with concrete/mortar mixes.
- Permeability It reduces the permeability of water into concrete.
- Strength The setting time and compressive strength of the concrete remains within the specification limits.
- Shrinkage Reduces shrinkage crack development in plaster & concrete.
- Workability Improves workability of freshly mixed cement concrete.
- Durability Increases durability by improving waterproofing of concrete.
Method of Application
- Charge cement & aggregates to concrete mixer as per the mix design, mix in dry state for 1-2 minutes.
- Start addition of 75-80% mixing water & mix for 2-3 minutes.
- Dr. Fixit Pidiproof LW+ is added as per the recommended dosage into the remaining mixing / gauging water, then add to concrete mixer & mix for another 2 minutes.
- Place the concrete or apply plaster, as needed.
- Cure the applied mortar or concrete as per good construction practices.
Precautions & Limitations
- Do not add Dr. Fixit Pidiproof LW+ directly to dry cement & aggregate mix.
- Maintain water-cement ratio as low as possible.
- Do not increase the dosage of Dr. Fixit Pidiproof LW+ than the recommendation.