Dr. Fixit Pidifin 2K is a acrylic cementitious, polymer modified elastomeric, waterproofing & protective coating composed of best quality Portland cement, properly selected & graded aggregates, additives & acrylic emulsion polymer as a binder. It is applied to waterproof and protect concrete and masonry substrates.
- Excellent as a waterproof coating for bathrooms, kitchen sinks, balconies, etc.
- Ideal as a coating for waterproofing of chhajjas, canopies, etc.
- As waterproof coating on internal sides of domestic water tanks.
- Can be applied over internal damp walls and concrete surfaces due to its excellent bonding.
- Elastomeric flexible coating that accommodate cracks up to 1 mm with an elasticity up to 80%
- Excellent resistance to ingress of water
- Excellent adhesion to concrete and masonry surfaces
- Non-toxic with low VOC content
- As a potable water safe coating for waterproofing of water tanks.
Method of Application
1 SURFACE PREPARATION
- The surface of application must be thoroughly prepared by mechanical means, to remove all loose particles, laitance, etc.
- Oil and grease, if any, must be de-greased with suitable solvents. It then must be washed off with jet of water and brought to touch dry state. Any surface undulations, cracks and crevices must be duly filled or repaired with cement sand mortar mixed with latex polymers such as Dr. Fixit Pidicrete URP.
- Shake the liquid component well to a homogenous milky colour.
- Use heavy duty slow speed mechanical mixer fitted with a suitable paddle for mixing the two components of the material.
- In a mixing vessel, slowly add the powder component in to the liquid under continuous stirring. Continue to stir thoroughly to achieve a lump free homogenous slurry.
- It is important that any pipe inserts or sanitary fittings should have been fitted grouted with suitable products from the Dr. Fixit range well before taking up the application.
- Grout pipe inserts using Dr Fixit Bathseal Tape and Dr Fixit Bathseal Grout.
- It is mandatory that all works of plumbing and sanitation must be complete before taking up application of Dr. Fixit Pidifin 2K.
- The surface of application must be pre-wetted thoroughly with water & brought to a touch dry state. Take up the first coat application with a stiff nylon brush. Work well into the substrate, to ensure that all small undulations are completely filled with the coating.