Dr. Fixit POLYPLUS CP is composed of high quality cement, properly selected & graded inert aggregates, proprietary waterproofing active chemicals & additives. It is used as a chemically active waterproofing treatment for concrete. Dr. Fixit POLYPLUS CP when mixed with water and applied as a brush coat to concrete, it penetrates deeply into the capillaries of the concrete & protects it against the permeability of water.
How Dr. Fixit POLYPLUS CP works?
- The proprietary waterproofing active chemical plays very important role & it is a very simple reaction with the natural chemical by products of cement hydration, such as calcium hydroxide, various mineral oxides, hydrated & unhydrated cement particles of the concrete in wet condition. The result of chemical reaction is the formation of billions of needles like non-soluble crystals which block the pores of the capillaries, voids & micro-cracks in concrete. After blocking, the pores & capillary tracts of the concrete become discontinuous which stops the permeability from all directions of the treated concrete. Dr. Fixit POLYPLUS CP remains active whenever water is present.
- Pre-saturation & subsequent re-wetting of the surface will cause diffusion of the organic chemicals & formation of crystals by reaction at greater depth. It may take from seven days to one month to reach its maximum waterproofing capability, depending on the thickness of the concrete.
- Environmental factors such as ambient temperature, density of concrete, moisture presence & weather conditions can affect the timing of sealing process. Under dry conditions, Dr. Fixit POLYPLUS CP lies dormant. However it becomes reactive whenever it is re-exposed to moisture.
- It penetrates even against strong hydrostatic pressure, becoming an integral part of the concrete. The waterproofing chemicals remain active for the life of the structure, permanently sealing it for water seepage.
Water Retaining Structures
- Water tanks & reservoirs
- Swimming pools
- Water treatment works
- Dams & canals
- Concrete pipes
Water Excluding Structures
Foundation & Basements
Tunnels, subways & stations
Inspection pits & lifts shafts
Retaining walls & sea defence walls
- Chemical resistance- Resist chemical attack (pH 3-11 constant contact, pH 2-12 intermittent contact) and provides a range of protection from freeze/ thaw cycles, aggressive subsoil waters, sea water, carbonates, chlorides, sulfates and nitrates.
- Application advantage - Does not require protective plaster, applicable over SSD & wet surface.
- Waterproofing - Stops water movement through concrete, becomes integral part of the structure.
- Corrosion - Protects reinforcing steel against corrosion.
- Sealing - Waterproofs minor cracking & seals shrinkage cracks up to 0.4 mm width.
- Permeability - Resists permeation of water from positive & negative side of the concrete.
- Chemical activation - waterproofing capability increases with time. i.e. It remains permanently active.
- Abrasion - Does not get affected by surface wear or abrasion, once the penetration is complete.
- Hydrostatic pressure - Treated concrete withstands hydrostatic water pressure up to 15 metre head.
- Ease of application - Easy in application, only to be mixed with water at site.
- Protection - Protects concrete against contaminated water & corrosion.
- Monolithic - Forms monolithic layer with the concrete & becomes integral part of concrete.
- Crack bridging - Can bridge cracks upto 0.5 mm