Dr. Fixit Eautite is a single pack waterborne eco-friendly elastomeric copolymer waterproof liquid membrane designed for wet areas applications under tiled finishes like bathroom, toilets, kitchens & service areas. It can also be used for under tile finishes in Roof, Terrace & Balconies etc. Being a liquid applied system, it reduces installation time as it can be readily applied using brush or roller. Dr. Fixit Eautite can be applied over a wide range of substrates like concrete and masonry surfaces, drywall partitions, fibre cement sheeting, plasterboards and concrete/ clay brick surfaces. lt satisfies and complies with the technical requirements of Singapore Housing Development Board (HDB) for toilets, bathrooms and other wet area applications and Australian Standard AS 3740:2004 Waterproofing of Wet Areas in Residential Buildings.
Recommended for use under tiled finishes waterproof coating for internal wet areas like
- Pre-fabricated Bathrooms, Toilets and Drywall Partitions, Kitchens, Laundry Area.
- Terrace floors, Balconies, Podium Decks, Walkways, Lift Pits.
- Water bodies, Ponds and Swimming Pools
- Comply with HDB Specification
- Capable to sustain water - submerged conditions or ponding
- AS 3740 & AS/NZS 4858 for wet area applications Class lll membrane
- Low VOC waterborne coating
- Excellent bonding to various substrates
- Excellent waterproofing
- Seamless & high flexibility with excellent crack bridging properties
- CFTRI certified: Conforms to potable water contact parameters - safe coating for waterproofing of drinking water tanks
20 litres (Shade - Gray / Green)
Method of Application
1 GENERAL SURFACE PREPARATION
- Surface must be clean, dry and in sound condition to ensure adequate adhesion.
- Remove all oil, grease, dust, loose particles and other foreign material.
- Fill all cracks, voids and bug-holes with an appropriate Crack Filler.
- Always follow appropriate standard methods for preparing the surfaces.
All junctions of drywall & slab as well as junctions of dissimilar materials shall be first sealed with Dr. Fixit PU Sealant or other suitable sealant in bead size of approx. 10 mm
All joints / corners and penetrations shall be sealed with liberal amount of the waterproofing coating
Dr. Fixit Eautite with a Reinforcing mesh of min 100 mm wide embedded between 2 coats of Dr. Fixit Eautite.
Self priming coat of Dr. Fixit Eautite with 50% dilution with water should be applied at the rate of 8-10 sqmt /ltr before application of undiluted 2 coats.
Apply 2 coats of Dr. Fixit Eautite by brush or roller at the rate of 1.1-1.3 sq.m/litre per coat, to achieve a total DFT of 800-1000 microns in 2 coats.
Allow complete drying time for about 4 to 6 hours in between coats.
Sprinkle liberally coarse quartz sand (30-60 mesh/250-500 microns) while second coat is still wet to provide key for subsequent plaster or tile application.
Tiling can directly be done on Dr fixit Eautite after sprinkling sand
Tile fixing must be carried out using Tile Adhesives only and recommended to add 10% ROFF Bond Repair polymer on weight of Tile Adhesive (Recommend usage of ROFF NCA tile adhesive for horizontal application and ROFF STA for vertical application)
2 DRYING / CURING TIME AT 30 O C / 85% RH
- Touch dry - 30 to 40 mins
- Over-coating interval - 4 to 6 hours (depending on weather conditions).
Drying time may vary depending on the prevailing climatic conditions; low temperature and higher relative humidity may prolong the drying process.
Precautions & Limitations
- Apply when the ambient product and surface temperature are above 10OC.
- Refer to Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) prior to use or for specific information.
- For all under-tile applications use of tile adhesives with 10% ROFF Bond Repair polymer on weight of tile adhesive with sand sprinkled on final coat of Dr. fixit eautite for providing better key for adhesion.
- Pond test shall be carried out only after 48 hrs of air curing / drying of Dr Fixit Eautite with 25 mm water for 2 hrs.
- Do not apply when temperatures are below 7 deg C and above 350C.
- Avoid skin contact, use of gloves and safety glasses is recommended while using the product.