Dr. Fixit Primeseal is water-based primer composed of acrylic emulsion polymer, properly selected fine fillers, white pigments & additives in water as a medium. It is used as primer over exterior & interior building walls before application of water based paints.
Standard Compliance / Specification
Meets the requirement of ASTM D 1227 87, Type III standard.
Priming of plastered walls, asbestos, concrete surface, etc.
- Efflorescence - Provides excellent efflorescence resistance due to its chemical inertness.
- Bonding - Good binding of chalky or porous substrates and over coating.
- Suitability - Used as a primer on internal and external surfaces.
- Alkali resistant - Based on chemically inert polymers hence suitable for high alkaline substrates.
- Penetration - Provides deep penetration thus imparts excellent substrate adhesion.
Method of Application
- Surface for treatment must be thoroughly cleaned of all laitance, loose material, oil, grease, etc.
- Mechanical means such as wire brushing & water jet etc. can be used.
- All surface cracks up to 5 mm width should be filled up with Dr. Fixit Crack X. Cracks more than 5 mm upto 10 mm shall be treated with Dr. Fixit shrinkfree and all separation gaps should be filled up with Dr. Fixit Pidicrete URP modified mortar or as specified.
- Dilute Dr. Fixit Primeseal with water in proportion of 2:1 and stir well until a uniform consistency is achieved
- Apply a single coat of diluted Dr. Fixit Primeseal on the cleaned substrate & allow it to dry for 2 to 3 hours before commencing to further finish coats.